Thursday, November 22, 2007

Good Bosses Are Hard To Come By & I Hate My Job

I've had five jobs so far and have not had a good boss yet. When I first started working at the place I do now I loved it and it reminded me a little bit of working at the holistic clinic in Madison. I knew my boss and thought she was going to be really nice and fun to work for. Well five months into working there I found out some stuff about her and it turns out she's not that nice. And she is always saying nasty things about certain people behind their backs. Now I'm working there eight months and I'm pretty sure I'm heading out.

First of all, I thought my other jobs were stressful and draining, well this one definitely is the winner. And it's not even that hard of a job. Well, when you have a boss that lies to your face and lies about you behind your back, it's not the best environment to be in. Also, that job completely drains the energy out of me both physically and emotionally. I go in at two o' clock every MWF and of course my boss is there until 3:30 if I'm lucky, but she usually stays later because she does not shut up. For that first hour and a half I'm there I can not get anything done because all she does is talk. And most of the time it's about absolutely nothing. I don't even listen to what she says anymore. And she talks to me about this stupid Mannatech product which she swears by and is pretty much making me sign up and get it. When she talks about that is when it is the most draining. Sometimes she has to talk her way through doing things; that is when it is the most annoying. Than there are the days when I come in and she's got the whole kitchen area a mess with like five things going at once and she expects me to finish everything plus she tells me like five more things to do. She is always getting in my way and messing up the way stuff should be done. Thursday mornings are the worse I think because she is there my entire shift and she is always complaining about all this paperwork she needs to get done but all she does is talk. By the time I get to school on Thursdays I just want to fall asleep. Well my boss isn't the only problem at work.

Some of the customers that come in there are soooo emotionally draining it is unbelievable. They think I'm their frickin' doctor or something...."If I take this vitamin will it interact with this medication I'm taking". I don't fuckin' know I'm not your doctor (excuse the language). Than you get the customers that want to tell you their whole life story and ask you all these questions and what they should do for this and half the stuff I tell them they don't want to do anyway because it costs too much or they won't be committed. Well, that's like an hour shot of my work time.

Also I'm the only one that does anything around that place too. There is two other clerks there working with me. Well, one doesn't do her job very well, and the other is hardly there enough days out of the week to remember what she is supposed to be doing. I'm doing all this stuff and baby-sitting the other girls making sure I clean up after their messes. Than it's really annoying because the girl that doesn't work there enough my boss just adores because she's a Chiropractor Technician and she's really into the natural health field and she thinks she knows all this stuff. Well this girl is always forgetting to do stuff. When I tell my boss the important stuff, instead of mentioning something to the girl she just says oh, well she doesn't work here enough to keep up with everything. I'm just thinking, what the hell is she doing here than.

I thought school was going to be bad. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Well, I'm pretty sure I have a way to get out of there. Back when I first started school my boss had once told me that when it comes time for me to sign up for classes next semester that everybody will have to work around my schedule so that I can keep the hours I need. Well, it turns out now that my schedule is going to be totally different and have to take all afternoon and evening classes. Well when I told her I would possibly have to do that she's like, well I won't have any hours for you than, I need someone to work nights. Well, I was going to try to work out my schedule, but I pretty much couldn't and I didn't care what she said anyway. If my not working there for eight months and her promise to me that I would have hours doesn't count for anything than that's the last push. I don't want to put up with her shit anymore. I just can't wait to tell her that I won't be available to work the times she wants me to anymore. This is my life and school comes first and if she wants to be a bitch about it, well that's fine.

1 comment:

avadak said...

Hey Beth! LOL little frustrated? I share your pain!!! If only we could sell her! I agree she talks way tooo much. hehehe I won't say what i'm thinking! lol It's bad. But trust me if I had a blog mine would be just as long!!! Does she really not like us that much that she is doing this to us. Doesn't seem like she does it to the other two. Love your post about the "good bosses". I too ignore most of what she says. It's like white noise. You don't even hear it anymore it's just there. Maybe if we ignore her even more she'll get the hint and leave earlier in the day?
Any way love the post and I look forward to hearing you vent more in the future!!

P.S. I do that too while I drive.
Hope you didn't mind me reading your other posts.
And Love the pics and wedding pics!!