Friday, January 4, 2008

On This Special Day

It was the day of my brothers party
Everyone was supposed to be happy
It ended up everyone was just sad
It all started when my mom yelled down the hill
"Come up to grandma's, we have something to say"
I knew it couldn't be good news on this happy day
As I walked up the hill
The suspense in my stomach started to kill
We walked in the house and stared into their faces
They all looked so serious as my mom started to say
"Your friend Ryan has been killed today"
I looked back at her with a confused and blank stare
I couldn't believe what they had to say
It was supposed to be a happy day
I started to think this couldn't be true
But I knew there was nothing anyone could do
I looked at my brothers and the tears started to flow
I knew I had to be strong for my brother's sake
I couldn't stop thinking
About all the fun times we had together
And all of the good memories all of us shared
It was no longer a happy day
I wish I had a chance to say good-bye
He was like a brother to me
He was too young to die
Sometimes I don't know why God does the things he does
But in the end I know he has a reason
Even though I'll never see him again
There will always be a place for him
In my heart.


"What if I say I'm not like the others
What if I say I'm not just another one in your place,
You're the pretender
What if I say I will never surrender."

No comments: